SHOW Notes Episode 212
Title: “Quiet quitting” might sound good, but is it all it’s cracked up to be?
TOPIC: “Quiet quitting” might sound good, but is it all it’s cracked up to be? Might it actually represent a missed opportunity to invest in YOU?
Hey friend! This week, we take a look at the concept of ‘quiet quitting’ through the lense of influence, and what it means to fully invest in work in a way that doubles as an investment in YOU. Whether you give work your “all” or not, the time you spend there is an investment and not just in the organization.
THE INFLUENCE CONNECTION:
An important part of building and sustaining influence means understanding your investments — where you spend your time, your money, and your effort and whether those “investments” are increasing your knowledge, your network, and/or your skills. It’s about “influence capital” and building it in ways that are valuable and potentially transferable.
THIS WEEK’S GUEST: I’m solo this week!
KEY INSIGHTS / QUESTIONS WE’LL DISCUSS:
- What is ‘quiet quitting?’
- Why life’s unexpected ups and downs make ‘quiet quitting’ a big risk.
- What’s the impact of ‘quiet quitting’ on YOUR confidence?
- What if that side hustle you’re building needs support or a recommendation from your boss or colleagues — you know the one(s) you are ‘quiet quitting’?
- Check out my FIVE potential alternatives to ‘quiet quitting’ that might help you better leverage your time at work, and create more value both for YOU and for the organization.
What are your views on ‘quiet quitting’? If you are engaged in it or struggling to manage those who are, I’d love to hear!
And, please be sure to let me know what you thought of the episode. DM me @lauraCoxKaplan on Instagram, Linked In, Facebook or Twitter — I’d love to hear from you! You can also contact me here: Laura Cox Kaplan
Please be sure to FOLLOW She Said/She Said Podcast wherever you listen to podcasts, and if you find value in what you hear, please be sure to leave me some love in the form of a review! Reviews help others who are looking for content like this to find it. So by leaving a review you don’t just help me, you help others as well!
Have a great week!
Next week I’ll welcome Laura Vanderkam to discuss her new book: “Tranquility by Tuesday” – you can preorder here. And, please be sure to FOLLOW She Said/She Said Podcast so you won’t miss a minute!