Title: “How to leverage professional conferences to build your network and increase your influence” — Episode: 232
Ever attend a professional conference or networking event and feel like you haven’t gotten your money’s worth? Or maybe you’re skeptical of the value in the first place?
Building your network and investing in different types of relationships is critical for building and sustaining your influence, and certainly for growing your business and professional credibility. Professional conferences and networking events can be incredibly valuable tools to help you achieve this, but there are a few best practices that can help you maximize your investment of time and money.
This week, I’m doing a deep dive into the topic and sharing some great tips and advice — some crowdsourced and some of my own. These tips align with the three key areas — story, investment, and intention — that we need to build and sustain influence in our lives and careers.
- How can “story” impact the way you approach a professional conference or networking event?
- Why investments of time and money in professional conferences can help you grow your network and make it more sustainable
- What it means to engage with “intentional persistence”
- Two types of networks: “bonding capital” and “bridging capital” and why they both matter
- The types of planning should you do before the conference or event
- Why reach out to potential new contacts in advance?
- How to make sure attending with a buddy or colleague increases your connection potential v. discouraging it
- Using social media before, during and after the event
- Carve out time to reflect, review and recalibrate
- Follow up!
I’d love to hear some of the other ways you use professional conferences and networking events to create connections and to build relationships. Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach via the contact link below. Be sure to reference Episode 232.
Looking for more She Said/She Said? You’ll find all of my episodes and content here!
LINKS MENTIONED IN EPISODE 232:
The Southern Coterie – our She Said/She Said Podcast collaboration series with TSC launches February 24, 2023!
ARE YOU ENJOYING SHE SAID/SHE SAID PODCAST?
Hi friend, I have an important request — Please consider sharing some love in the form of a review of She Said/She Said Podcast on iTunes or wherever you listen to this podcast. Those reviews help me improve the content so that YOU get more of what you enjoy and are looking for from She Said/She Said Podcast. Plus, it’s what friends do! And it’s free! So when you have a minute please consider. I’d be truly grateful.
Until next week, you take care, and I’ll talk to you soon.
She Said/She Said Podcast is produced weekly by She Said/She Said Media, LLC