Title: “How to create more meaning, more time, and more tranquility in your life”
ENCORE Episode 252 Part 1 of 2
THIS WEEK’S TOPIC:
Ever feel like your to-do list is running your life? Maybe you’re frustrated that you don’t have time for the types of experiences that make life more meaningful? Maybe you feel like your time is literally flying, but you don’t feel like you have much to show for it?
These feelings are familiar to most of us, and they are often accompanied by an overall feeling of being overwhelmed. In this state, it’s very difficult to take a step back and experience joy or to work to invest in those experiences that help us build and sustain influence in our lives and careers.
This week’s guest will help you redesign your life to not only get more done, but to help you calm the chaos.
Chaos — and the overwhelm it leads to — can hijack our precious mental energy diverting it away from those projects and people who are most important to us. It’s calmness that enables us to be more present, while still getting all the things done that have to happen in a given day or week. It also happens to be an essential building block for building and sustaining influence!
THIS WEEK’S GUEST: Laura Vanderkam is a time management and productivity expert, and the author of “Tranquility by Tuesday,” her latest book among an impressive library of some nine books on time management and productivity. Her work has appeared in: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and Fast Company, and she is a repeat guest on She Said/She Said Podcast (Episode 93) having joined me back in 2020 to talk about WFH strategies with kids during the pandemic. Laura also hosts two podcasts: Before Breakfast, and co-hosts The Best of Both Worlds with Sarah Hart-Unger.
NOTE: This ENCORE conversation with Laura Vanderkam is split into two episodes — Episode 252 Part 1, and Episode 253 Part 2, which gives you the option to listen to the entire conversation (both episodes back-to-back) which runs about an hour, or you can listen in the two separate 30-35 minute episodes. Your choice, but I do recommend listening to the episodes in order 252 followed by 253.
KEY TOPICS PART 1 – EPISODE 252:
- TIME AWARENESS: Why time awareness and understanding more precisely how we spend our time can inform a more honest self narrative or story about our time and how busy we actually are v. how busy we think we are.
- INCREASE YOUR HAPPINESS? Why time awareness might make you feel better and even happier.
- SHOULD YOU PLAN YOUR WEEK ON SUNDAY? Why you might want to rethink the conventional wisdom of planning for the week ahead on Sunday.
- LAURA’S 3-CATEGORY LIST: The benefits of a 3-category list for the upcoming week.
- HOW SHOULD I SPEND MY SUNDAY? Why spending Sunday more focused on fun than on the week ahead might be more valuable.
- LAURA’S TIP “ONE BIG ADVENTURE” AND “ONE SMALL ADVENTURE”: The power of making space for “one big adventure” and “one little adventure” and how that can make your time more memorable.
Don’t miss PART 2 of this conversation in Encore Episode 253!
If you enjoyed the episode, please be sure to let me know and let others know by leaving a review! Reviews help me improve our content and to create more of what is valuable to YOU!
You can also reach me via the contact me link below: she said/she said podcast contact me or message me on Instagram, Linked IN, Facebook or Twitter: @ LauraCoxKaplan
I’d love to hear from you!
If you are new to she said/she said podcast, please be sure to FOLLOW or SUBSCRIBE wherever you are listening to this podcast. I don’t want you to miss a minute!